The below information is for customers who purchased:
- Black wireless modem (with or without Windstream Logo)
- White wireless modem (without Windstream Logo)
To change the name of your wireless network and password, follow the step-by-step instructions.
From your Windstream high-speed internet connection, go to http://192.168.254.254/wlsecurity.html to change the name of your wireless network and follow the steps below. You must do this from your Windstream connection. It cannot be done from remote location.
- Scroll down to "Wireless - Guest/Virtual Access Points."
- Click the first "Enabled" box that isn’t currently checked
- In the SSID field to the right, type the wireless network name you want and click "Apply/Save."
- Now you need to change your wireless network password. To learn how to change your wireless network password, click here.