Some of our most private data is secured behind some kind of firewall with a password. Let’s be sure it’s a strong one.
Your birthday may be easy to remember, but it’s also not hard to figure out. Since it’s best to keep bad actors out of your online banking, shopping, insurance, dating and business information, here are a few tips for passwords to be safer:
- Should be at least eight characters long.
- Should not contain four consecutive numbers
- Should not use home address numbers
- Should not use phone number digits
- Should not contain your company name, “password” or “changeme”
- Should include both uppercase and lowercase letters
- Should contain at least one number
- Should not have four or more repeating characters (example: Notvalid4444)