Kinetic Business by Windstream Response to COVID-19
We take these matters seriously, and the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is a top priority. Kinetic has a geographically dispersed workforce that has been equipped to work effectively from home, providing for the safety of our employees and the continuity of our operations.
Network PreparednessOur network continues to perform well. We continuously monitor bandwidth usage with tools that analyze network statistics and provide us with performance and capacity reports that help us manage our network.
Windstream uses a highly available and highly resilient network architecture to provide reliable services to our customers. Services are delivered over multiple platforms including a nationwide IP network, our proprietary cloud core architecture and on a local and long-haul fiber network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
Customer AssistanceWindstream has signed the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected pledge. Through May 12, Kinetic by Windstream will not suspend service to residential and small business customers because of the inability to pay their bills specifically due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Also, during this time, we will waive any late fees because of customers’ economic circumstances specifically related to the coronavirus pandemic. If customers find themselves needing help due to these circumstances, contact Windstream to discuss available options.
Additionally, Kinetic offers a variety of internet service plans for new and existing customers with no data caps and no overage charges. Discounts also are available for low-income customers through the Lifeline Assistance Program. For more information on current offers, visit windstream.com.
Help for BusinessAt Kinetic Business by Windstream, we do more than just provide your business Internet. We are your partner to stay connected to your customers, community and coworkers.
We’re well prepared to minimize any potential disruptions to business operations and the services we provide to our customers, as well as provide information on available programs to help your business.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides support for small businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out how this legislation can help you during this time.
We know many businesses are using remote work options for their employees.
To assist our customers during this challenging time, Kinetic Business is offering HD Meeting service free for 90 days if ordered by June 30.
This service is a voice and video collaboration tool that helps keep workers’ level of productivity high while maintaining social distancing.
Continuity of OperationsWindstream has implemented several provisions of our Business Continuity and Pandemic Response Plans, which provide a standardized strategy for managing potentially disruptive events. The following protocols have been implemented:
- Suspension of all non-essential business-related travel within the U.S. and all business-related international travel;
- Suspension of all on-site vendor meetings and replaced them with virtual solutions;
- Transition of employees to work from home in many locations and utilize the company’s robust collaboration tools, including OfficeSuite UC HD Meeting;
- Engaged critical suppliers and vendors to re-confirm Business Continuity and Pandemic Response Plans, ensure their capacity to provide product and service continuity and develop alternative solutions, where applicable;
- Implemented policy enhancements that provide limited, excused paid time off for employees unable to perform their jobs remotely and affected by the virus; and
- Expanded cleaning frequencies, protocols, preventive measures and disinfecting supplies in our offices, call centers and retail locations.