Kinetic by Windstream Launches Black Business Support Fund
“Small businesses are the heartbeat of a community. This year has been particularly difficult for them. Without support and access to capital, these businesses are in serious danger,” said Lorenzo Clark, Vice President of Inside Sales for Kinetic and president of the Windstream Black Professional Network Committee. “In a typical year, black business owners are rejected for loans from traditional sources two and half times more often than Caucasian business owners. We want to do our part to stabilize this important economic sector in the communities we serve.”
Businesses selected for the grants will receive free Kinetic Business Internet for a year and a cash award up to $5,000. The businesses will also get a free business consultation from Kinetic Business on processes and products that could improve efficiencies and make their business more profitable.
To be eligible for a Black Business Support Fund grant, a business must:
- Be a new or current small business customer in Charlotte, North Carolina or Lexington, Kentucky markets receiving broadband Internet from Kinetic;
- Be black-owned and have 25 or fewer employees;
- Not be currently engaged in bankruptcy proceedings;
- Not be a nonprofit organization, liquor store, check cashing agency, gun shop, pawn shop or adult entertainment business; and
- Not apply for multiple businesses.
Kinetic has a long history of partnering with business and residential customers to connect communities to what’s important. This year has been no exception. In the first half of 2020, Kinetic enabled approximately 100,000 new locations with gigabit-capable services. Kinetic has also partnered this year with the Downtown Lexington Management District and Downtown Lexington Partnership to support a Reopening and Recovery Grant Program.
For more information about broadband in your area or services from Kinetic Business, visit www.windstream.com.