Black Business Support Fund Grant eligibility requirements
Your business must meet the following requirements to participate in the Black Business Support Fund Grant program:
- You must be a new or current small business customer within our service area;
- Your small business must be black-owned and have 25 or fewer employees;
- You must not be currently engaged in bankruptcy proceedings;
- Your small business must not be a: non-profit organization, Wine & spirits, check-cashing agency, gun shop, pawn shop, cannabidiol (CBD) stores or adult entertainment business;
- You may not apply on behalf of multiple small businesses or receive multiple awards.
If awarded a Black Business Support Fund Grant, you must maintain compliance with these eligibility requirements during the 12-month grant term; failure to maintain compliance may result in termination of a Grant Award and repayment of the award, in whole or in part. Eligibility determinations are made at the sole discretion of Windstream.
Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Note that in submitting an application, you are not guaranteed a Grant Award or an award of any particular amount. If you are selected as a potential Grant Recipient, you must provide all required documentation upon request by Windstream, such as a bank statement, tax report, and a balance sheet from the prior tax year, so that Windstream may confirm your eligibility for an award.