Changing My Wireless Network Password on a 2-Wire Modem
The below information is for customers who purchased a white, 2-Wire Modem (with Windstream logo).
If your logo fits one of the descriptions below, click here for appropriate instructions and information.
- Black wireless modem (with or without Windstream logo)
- White wireless modem (without Windstream logo)
A default wireless password is assigned to each modem and is located on the side near the bottom. The password has brackets around it and will look like this: [xxxxxxxxxx].
To change the wireless password on your 2-Wire Modem
To change the wireless password on your 2-Wire Modem, follow the steps below. Note: You must do this from your Windstream connection. It cannot be done from a remote location.
- You will need to access the modem interface by going to http://192.168.254.254.
- You may need to authenticate to go into the modem setup interface. On this window, type in admin for both the username and password.
- Click on "Home Network."
- Click on "Wireless Settings."
- In the "Wireless Security" section, select the "Use custom pass phrase" option, and in the "Key" box, type the pass phrase you want to use. (The pass phrase should consist of 10 numbers.)
- Click on the "Save" button.
Your new 2-Wire Network Password has been saved. Write down your wireless network name and password and store in a safe place. You will be asked to enter for your password when you connect to your wireless network